The rantings of a beautiful mind

On life, society, and computer technology.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I live in the Fortress of Solitude. I drive the Silver Beast. My obsession is justice. I used to be a Windows software developer. I retired in 2000 when my stock options helped me achieve financial security.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Apple Wins Again!

Someone close to me is considering buying the ThinkPad Z60m as a multimedia desktop replacement. It’s interesting to compare this notebook to the Apple equivalent (both are widescreen)...


Lenovo ThinkPad Z60m
15” LCD
1.86 GHz Pentium M
1 GB memory
80 GB hard disk (5400 rpm)
8x DVD burner
ATI Mobility Radeon X600 w/128 MB
Wireless networking, including Bluetooth
Height: 1.47”
Weight: 6.8 lbs
$3,183


Apple 15” PowerBook G4
1.67 GHz PowerPC G4
1 GB memory
100 GB hard disk (5400 rpm)
8x DVD burner
ATI Mobility Radeon 9700 graphics w/128 MB
Wireless networking, including Bluetooth
Height: 1.1”
Weight: 5.9 lbs
$2,639


Gee, the PowerBook is THINNER, LIGHTER, and CHEAPER than the ThinkPad!! It has a bigger hard drive and its battery life is up to 5.5 hours. Never mind that the PowerBook is a far sexier machine, too.

The only downside is that it’s slightly slower than the ThinkPad, but for the $500 difference, I’ll take slightly slower, thank you very much...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home