The rantings of a beautiful mind

On life, society, and computer technology.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I live in the Fortress of Solitude. I drive the Silver Beast. My obsession is justice. I used to be a Windows software developer. I retired in 2000 when my stock options helped me achieve financial security.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Don't be sucked in by Vista's security promise

Microsoft Watch article

Vista’s most vaunted benefit for upgrading from XP is security. But as you can see, Vista’s security measures are a pain-in-the-ass. Usability suffers.

This proves that Microsoft does not know how to design good software. You can bet your life that Apple would handle security in a far less intrusive manner in OS X. You’ll see that when OS X becomes a real and practical security risk (perhaps in another couple of years)...

Enjoy OS X now...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home