The rantings of a beautiful mind

On life, society, and computer technology.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I live in the Fortress of Solitude. I drive the Silver Beast. My obsession is justice. I used to be a Windows software developer. I retired in 2000 when my stock options helped me achieve financial security.

Friday, December 22, 2006

Just Say NO to Windows Vista, Part 2

So, to recap...

Say NO to Windows Vista because of:

Microsoft's anti-piracy measures, which benefit you, the consumer, in no way! Product Activation is a Pain-in-the-Ass, trust me.

Uncompetitive pricing, especially in view of Microsoft's draconian EULA and anti-piracy features. And don't forget hardware upgrade costs (e.g., the Aero graphical interface requires a substantial video card).

Vista's immaturity as a "Version 1.0" product.

Remember, as a consumer you have fair use rights to your software, or at least you should in principle. Microsoft deprives you of your rights and freedom.

You have choice. You have alternatives. Look at either the Apple Mac or Linux...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home