The rantings of a beautiful mind

On life, society, and computer technology.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I live in the Fortress of Solitude. I drive the Silver Beast. My obsession is justice. I used to be a Windows software developer. I retired in 2000 when my stock options helped me achieve financial security.

Monday, January 22, 2007

Siberian Tantalus

If you ever come across an avatar in Second Life named Siberian Tantalus, know that it’s me. He looks like a young clubgoer, with a big mop of black hair, and dressed in modern hip clothes.

The last name “Tantalus” was chosen because of its affiliation with Star Trek, the original series (the Tantalus Field used in “Mirror, Mirror”; the Tantalus penal colony in “Dagger of the Mind”).

The first name “Siberian” is my way of paying homage to the Amur (or Siberian) Tiger, an endangered species close to my heart. (A valuable print by Alan Hunt called “Siberian Gold” hangs in my dining room—it shows a pair of Siberian Tigers in the middle of winter.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home