The rantings of a beautiful mind

On life, society, and computer technology.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I live in the Fortress of Solitude. I drive the Silver Beast. My obsession is justice. I used to be a Windows software developer. I retired in 2000 when my stock options helped me achieve financial security.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Affordable Mac Computing

With Apple’s switch to Intel processors, Mac computing is now generally affordable for everyone. While it’s not the cheapest, it is certainly the classiest. And it’s competitive with higher-end Wintel products (from the likes of Lenovo, Sony, and Dell’s XPS line). To wit (Canadian dollars)...

Affordable Entry-Level Mac Box
Mac mini
1.5GHz Intel Core Solo
512MB memory
60GB hard drive 5400 rpm
Built-in wireless
$699

Affordable Entry-Level Mac Portable
MacBook
1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
13.3” LCD display
512MB memory
60GB hard drive 5400 rpm
$1,249

Affordable Mac Portable with Sex Appeal
MacBook Pro
2.0GHz Intel Core Duo
15.4” LCD display
512MB memory
80GB hard drive 5400 rpm
ATI Radeon X1600 w/128MB
$2,199

Affordable Mac Desktop
iMac
1.83GHz Intel Core Duo
17” LCD display
512MB memory
160GB hard drive
$1,499


They all run the superb Mac OS X operating system. They all include the fabulous iLife ‘06 application suite. Just the software alone gives the Apple Mac an edge over Windows!

And these machines will look terrific in any location – at home in your living room, at school or university, at work. Hey, style does matter!

And there is the promise of broader Windows compatibility in the coming years (see I, Cringely)...

There’s never been a better time to make the switch from Windows to Mac! Mac Rulez!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home