The rantings of a beautiful mind

On life, society, and computer technology.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I live in the Fortress of Solitude. I drive the Silver Beast. My obsession is justice. I used to be a Windows software developer. I retired in 2000 when my stock options helped me achieve financial security.

Monday, January 29, 2007

Vista Wars III

Some people need to upgrade their RAM and their video card, even on a one-year-old computer!

You mention $120 as if that’s no big deal. But if a consumer has already spent $1,500 on a new laptop one year ago, and then he has to spend another $180 for a Home Premium Upgrade, and then another $120 for the RAM upgrade, we’re already talking about tacking on another $300 to the original purchase price. And that’s before tax.

Ajith, it’s a big deal. Perhaps not for you because you’re floating in cash, but not many people are as fortunate as you are.

R


On 1/29/07 1:46 PM, "Ajith Shanmuganathan" wrote:

Performance is much better than XP. Programs load almost instantaneously and feel far more responsive than XP. The base O/S uses about 600M of RAM, but upgrading 1G of RAM costs about $120.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home