The rantings of a beautiful mind

On life, society, and computer technology.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I live in the Fortress of Solitude. I drive the Silver Beast. My obsession is justice. I used to be a Windows software developer. I retired in 2000 when my stock options helped me achieve financial security.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Murtha on 60 Minutes

Link to 60 Minutes

"Our troops have become the primary target of the insurgency. They are united against U.S. forces, and we have become a catalyst for violence."

The Iraqis do not want a U.S. puppet democracy. They view the American presence as an occupation. So get the hell out of there and let them determine their own future...


"I think the political people who give him advice will say to him [Bush], 'You don’t want a Democratic congress. You want to keep the Republican majority. And the only way you’re gonna keep it, is by reducing substantially the troops in Iraq.'”


Mr. Bush said, "The terrorists regard Iraq as the central front in their war against humanity. If they’re not stopped, the terrorists will be able to advance their agenda to develop weapons of mass destruction, to destroy Israel, to intimidate Europe, and to break our will and blackmail our government into isolation. I’m going to make you this commitment. This is not going to happen on my watch."

"He’s trying to fight this war with rhetoric," Murtha responds. "Iraq is not where the center of terrorism is. So when he says we’re fighting terrorism over there, we’re inciting terrorism over there. We’re encouraging terror. We’re destabilizing the area by being over there ‘cause we’re the targets. He said before there’s weapons of mass destruction. He said there’s an al Qaeda connection. There’s many things he said turned out not to be true. So why would I believe him..."

You shouldn't. Bush is a liar. Iraq is not about terrorism - it's all about OIL. And GREED.


But President Bush believes U.S. troops can stop a civil war and implies that John Murtha is a defeatist.

Of course Bush says that U.S. troops can stop a civil war - he's an idiot. What else would you expect an idiot to say?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home