The rantings of a beautiful mind

On life, society, and computer technology.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I live in the Fortress of Solitude. I drive the Silver Beast. My obsession is justice. I used to be a Windows software developer. I retired in 2000 when my stock options helped me achieve financial security.

Monday, March 12, 2007

Chinese Astrology

Hmmm, there may be something to this Chinese astrology shit, after all. In this, The Year of the (Golden?) Pig, I seem to be enjoying some unusual good fortune...

Since Chinese New Year (February 18th), the following have happened:

  1. I bought a new condo in an area that I like, with a view that I like, with a floorplan that I like, at a bargain price.

  2. I assembled my own hot rod Vista box for an excellent total cost of less than $1,400 (tax not incl.). I expect this will jumpstart my entremanurial ambitions later this year.

  3. My girlfriend broke up with me.

  4. I bought an excellent set of new all-season radials for the Silver Beast.
  5. I am once again a millionaire.

The condo isn't too close to the Gardiner. And I get a view of both the cityline and harbourfront. And I have a comfortable amount of floorspace.

"Entremanurial," from the Old French, meaning "to undertake bullshit."

You might be wondering about #3. It's a positive fortune because I recently learned that my girlfriend is psychotic. (In fact, *all* women are psychotic.) The breakup relieves an enormous amount of stress and frustration, and I am happier as a result.

BTW, she broke up with me on Chinese New Year (the 18th)! Sheesh.

The new Goodyear Assurance TripleTred all-season radials are a blessing because if my service station hadn't brought my cracking, 8-year-old tires to my attention, I might still be driving on them. A blow-out on the 400 at 140 km/hr might kill me (or someone else).

I'm a (Canadian) millionaire, but just by a hair. A stock market correction will quickly change that. Technically speaking, this isn't a Year-of-the-Pig development since I passed the million dollar net worth mark in December, but it's close enough that I'll give the attribution.

Overall, I am feeling very sanguine about my life...


So, is it the Year of the Golden Pig? The controversy continues, but here's an interesting comment:

http://hubpages.com/hub/goldenpig

Each year is also linked with one of five elements: wood, metal, fire, earth and water. This year is a Fire Pig Year, which occurs once every 60 years. But because it's the 10th Fire Pig Year in a 600-year cycle, that makes it golden, says Marie Diamond, a feng shui expert who writes Chinese horoscopes for AOL.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home