The rantings of a beautiful mind

On life, society, and computer technology.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I live in the Fortress of Solitude. I drive the Silver Beast. My obsession is justice. I used to be a Windows software developer. I retired in 2000 when my stock options helped me achieve financial security.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Best Film of the Year

I have not been a responsible movie reviewer this year. I’ve not actually seen very many films (I dunno why). Consequently, I didn’t feel it was right to give my traditional year-end Top Ten list.

However, with the Golden Globes the other night, I feel compelled to rant a little bit... Their winners this year are a major disappointment, especially for Best Picture, because I believe there are so many other excellent choices. Of the movies that I did see, here are the one’s that I feel were the BEST:

  • Sin City
  • Cinderella Man
  • Batman Begins
  • Crash
  • War of the Worlds
  • The 40-Year-Old Virgin
  • The Constant Gardener
  • A History of Violence
  • Water
  • Syriana


There, that’s my Top 10 List for 2005.

My pick for Best Film of the Year? It’s a tough one. It’s either The Constant Gardener or A History of Violence. Hmmm, lessee...

Okay, I’ve decided... The Constant Gardener is the Best Picture of 2005.

So much for Brokeback Mountain...


Best Television Series

Screw Desperate Housewives. Topple Commander In Chief. Let Grey’s Anatomy die on the operating table.

Lost won Best Television Series. I guess it deserved to win, but I think there were other EXCELLENT choices:

  • Prison Break
  • House
  • Battlestar Galactica
  • Criminal Minds

These are all jaw-droppingly great programs.


(Other good series that I follow are: Surface, CSI: Miami, NCIS, My Name Is Earl, Numb3rs and 24.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home