The rantings of a beautiful mind

On life, society, and computer technology.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I live in the Fortress of Solitude. I drive the Silver Beast. My obsession is justice. I used to be a Windows software developer. I retired in 2000 when my stock options helped me achieve financial security.

Saturday, July 22, 2006

A Terrific LCD TV


I passed on both the Daytek 32" and Samsung 32" LCD TVs. I found a lovely product from Toshiba, the 32HL86. (It's very similar to the 32HL66.)

I love its industrial design – it looks, oh, so cool in my bedroom! It also has great build quality.

I especially like the picture quality. I think it's better than anything from Sharp or Sony.

I bought it from Futile Shop for CDN$1,500 - $50 special coupon = $1,450. If you also subtract $150 for the 6 months of free HD PVR rental from Rogers that comes with the purchase, the effective price is $1,300 + tax. I'm making off like a bandit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home